Do you have any tips for burning Beeswax and Soy Candles?
Of course! Enjoy your candle and burn safely and responsibly. Candles have safely been used to illuminate man’s celebrations for centuries. Here are some candle burning tips, but definitely not an all-inclusive list.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep burning candle away from flammable objects.
- Never leave wick trimmings, matches, or other material in wax pool.
- The higher the wick, the higher and hotter the flame, the faster your candle burns. The lower the wick, the lower and cooler the flame, the slower your candle burns.
- Trim wicks to ¼ inch each time before burning and make sure the wick is standing as straight as possible.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high.
- Do not touch open flame.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- If you notice your candle burning to one side, rotate it – there may be a draft in the room causing an uneven burn.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, ceiling fans, and vents.
- Place candle holder on stable, heat resistant surface.
- Always burn candle in a well ventilated space.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a container candle when the wax is liquid.
- Handle burning container candles with care. The melted wax and flame can cause the containers to be too hot to handle and are dangerous if dropped.
- Make sure candle is fully extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
Why don’t we use paraffin wax?
Paraffin wax is derived from petroleum. When burned, the paraffin wax fumes can cause irritation to the eyes, respiratory system, cause headaches, and even cause nausea in sensitive individuals. Our 100% soy and beeswax candles are made pure without any of the negative health and environmental effects.
What kind of wax do you use?
We source our all natural, vegan vegetable wax from soy beans cultivated by American farmers and grown in the Midwest. Our beeswax comes from a family owned, family operated apiary in South Dakota. They filter the wax using a family developed filtration system that utilizes only natural forces allowing the wax to retain the beautiful yellow color and honey aroma. Our waxes are all natural, a renewable resource, biodegradable, and contain no preservatives.
Do you use dyes?
No. We do not use synthetic dyes because they may contain toxins. We choose healthy and natural over aesthetics. The only color hues that you may see in our candles would be from the natural fragrance oils.
What type of wick do you use?
We use 100% percent unbleached cotton wicks and wood wicks.
Are your products made in USA?
Yes. Our candles are handcrafted and hand poured in Bismarck, ND. We source our vegetable wax from Midwest farmers and our beeswax comes from a family owned and operated apiary in South Dakota. We source as much of our packaging from USA as possible, but some does come from other places in the world.
Do your products contain phthalates?
No, our products are phthalate free. We procure our ingredients from quality suppliers that believe as we do in protecting the environment. Phthalates are used in synthetic fragrance to stabilize scent and help it last longer. Phthalates are absorbed into the body through the skin or via inhalation. These chemicals impact fertility and may cause birth defects. Scientists are also now researching suspected links between phthalates and asthma, childhood obesity, breast cancer, and prostate cancer.
Do you sell wholesale?
You bet, or as some say in the North....YOU BETCHA. Our candles are the perfect complement for spas, boutiques, and small businesses around the country.
I have cracks in my 100% beeswax candle
This is good news and means that you truly have a 100% beeswax candle. Beeswax is a naturally hard wax and shrinks as it cools. As it cools it sometimes creates cracks, especially around the wick. This does not effect the quality of the candle and will burn beautifully the next time you light it.
Do you add anything to your beeswax candles?
No, absolutely nothing. This is 100% beeswax straight from the hive to you.
Do you add scents, fragrances, or dyes to your beeswax candles?
No. Each beeswax candle has a beautiful golden yellow color and natural honey aroma courtesy of mother nature.
Why are my 100% beeswax candles different hues of yellow?
Our beeswax is always a beautiful golden yellow. Because this is a product of nature variations in the color and scent are normal.
Do you make all of your candle?
Yes. Each candle is handcrafted, hand poured, and packaged by our team of artisans right here in ND.